We're with you this summer! Read below for more information about how Camp Brainy Bunch is responding to COVID-19 and our safety plans for this summer.
Rest assured, Camp Brainy Bunch is adapting to the current situation to provide wonderful camp experiences for students rising into grades 1 through 6. Keeping our campers safe and engaged in their learning this summer is most important to us. Our website has been updated with all of our camp options and we have modified our activities to maintain social distancing best practices. If any changes do occur to any of our camps, we will let all of our parents know through this page. Thank you and stay safe.
We hope to see you at camp this summer!
- John Berry, Division Director, Camp Brainy Bunch
- Matthew Fraser, CEO, Education Unlimited & Camp Brainy Bunch
Important Updates and Policies Regarding Summer 2021 and COVID-19
What safety policies are you implementing in light of COVID-19?
Hygiene and cleaning
-All adults will be required to wear fabric face coverings when on-site at camp.
-Face coverings for campers are allowed/encouraged but not required (this could change depending on guidance from local health authorities).
-Campers and staff will be reminded of proper handwashing procedures and will be reminded to wash hands throughout the day.
-Appropriate supplies (tissues, soap and water, and/or hand sanitizer, etc.) will be provided to ensure proper hygiene procedures.
-High-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently.
-As possible to do so safely, doors and windows will be opened to provide ventilation and airflow.
-Per recommended guidelines, groups will remain as fixed as possible, with 10-12 campers per group and staff members that do not rotate. This may change depending on contemporaneous guidance at the times camps are in session.
-Non-essential visitors will not be allowed at camp.
-We will use staggered and no-contact or low-contact procedures for pick up and drop off (curbside / drive through is most likely but will depend on the facility setup available to us).
-Desks and tables will be spaced to allow appropriate distance between campers as they work.
-Outdoor activities will be shifted to field games and other low-contact activities.
Supplies and equipment
-Areas will be designated to allow separation of camper’s personal belongings.
-Curricular supplies will be provided on a per-student basis as much as possible to limit sharing.
-Campers will, as much as possible, eat lunches and snacks outside or at as large a distance as is feasible given the facility.
-In the event that any food is provided by CBB, it will be packaged individually and not served family-style (we typically do not provide food).
Screening and attendance
-Campers and staff will be screened upon arrival at the program with a safety questionnaire.
-Temperature checks may be used if deemed necessary.
-Campers or staff showing symptoms of illness must remain home.
-Camp staff members will be trained in these health and safety protocols prior to working on site.
Will all Camp Brainy Bunch camps be open this summer?
* Flexibility Guarantee is a special benefit that must be added with a coupon code at the time of registration. To include it with your registration, use code 2020FlexibleCBB at checkout -- you'll also save 10% on camp tuition!
What happens if Camp Brainy Bunch cancels a camp session?
In the event of cancellation due to Force majeure, an Act of God, or cancellation by the campus location/facility, Camp Brainy Bunch will provide a 100% camp credit of the dollar amount paid. This credit may be used for any child in the affected camper's immediate family, and does not expire.
For registrations made with our Flexibility Guarantee (this guarantee can be added to a registration only with a reference code provided upon application), in the event of cancellation by Camp Brainy Bunch, the registered family is entitled to a full refund of tuition paid OR a 110% camp credit that may be used for any child in the affected camper's immediate family, and does not expire.
In the event that a camp session is cancelled after the program starts, the following policy will apply:
- If one or two days of camp are cancelled: receive a coupon code for 50% off a future camp session
- If three or more days of camp are cancelled: receive a coupon code for one free week of camp for summer 2020 or summer 2021
What happens if I need to change or cancel a session?
Summer schedules can change rapidly. We understand if you need to make changes to your camper’s enrollment. Most changes in date and location can be accommodated until 1 week prior to the start of your scheduled camp session
- BEFORE MAY 1: Our pleasure, no extra charge.
- MAY1 - 1 Week Prior to Camp Session: Our pleasure, $10 charge.
- Less than 1 Week Prior to Camp Session: We will do our best, but no guarantees, $10 charge.
- BEFORE APRIL 1: Full refund
- APRIL 1 – APRIL 30: 100% Camp Credit or 80% refund of registration fees for camp or ExCare Programs.
- MAY 1 - MAY 31: 80% Camp Credit or 60% refund of registration fees for camp or ExCare Programs.
- JUNE 1 -5PM Wednesday Before Your Registered Session Begins: 50% Camp Credit of registration fees for camp or ExCare Programs.
- After 5PM the Wednesday Before Your Registered Session Begins: We are no longer able to process a refund for that session.
What if my child get sick and has to miss days?
Summer 2020 Policy due to COVID-19:
In light of the health concerns related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, our standard policy has been replaced with a temporary policy for Summer 2020. For Camp Brainy Bunch camps operating in Summer 2020, the following policy will be in place for partial attendance/missed camp days due to illness: in the event a camper cannot attend the entire camp session due to illness, the camper will receive a camp credit for unattended days. This credit can be used in summer 2020 or summer 2021.
There are no refunds for missed days or early withdrawals from a session, as staff and facilities costs are all committed to in advance and typically cannot be adjusted.
What happens if Shelter in Place is Extended and I have an All Summer Pass?